Wednesday, April 7, 2010

A VERY pleasant surprise

Just got off the phone with a very old friend (met last century!), who is very coincidentally a current student at one of my top 3 dream schools, Yale! This particular friend (we'll call him R.) and I hadn't in fact even spoken since the late, great 20th, but we caught up in moments on the telephone. R's having a roaring good time in the Ph.D. programme at the School of Public Health, and he told me that my candidate profile seemed very strong to him from what he knew of the School of Management. As though the prospect of white clam pie, cheesing off Crimson fans and a real winter (with real snow!) weren't enough, now I can look forward to the prospect of spending some time with a really top-tier person. R. has very generously offered to put me up for the New Haven leg of my EC school trip later this year, and I think I'll have to take him up on the offer; not least because I must meet his blushing bride!

And though it's awful and intrusive and tacky, I have to thank FaceBook for making this reconnection possible. Pretty great evening, all told.

No comments:

Post a Comment